Thursday, July 18, 2013

Wii U Transfer Tool: Nintendo's attention to detail

After backing up my Wii, so that I could restore everything afterwards, I transferred everything over to my new Wii U.  That's my new new Wii U, after the first one was replaced by Nintendo when it developed a fault after two weeks.


In order to transfer everything, you have to download a transfer tool on the Wii, which then packages everything up onto your SD card and transfers the licences to the Wii U.  It looks, on the home screen, a bit like a toaster.



The little pikmin are a sign of things to come.  Before they appear, though, there are some stark warnings.  Some of them are in red so you know they are important.





It's a shame that the Wii's Internet channels haven't survived.



I must get around to redownloading these.  I'm not sure I ever got around to playing escapeVektor.


Updated to make me actually play them, maybe?

Then, more red text and we can start.


Ooh, a big blue pool.  And pikmin.


Pikmin carrying toasters.




Pikmin carrying cardboard downstairs.



Purple pikmin and white pikmin seem to be able to carry the same weight.


Annoying they couldn't make the passageways straight.


No pikmin fell down the pit, as far as I saw.


The percentage counter went up pretty slowly.




I think that will be about 3kB, given how much of it I played.



TurboGRAFX games seem to be based in curving corridors.




That's been 90% for a long time now.



Ah ha, a rocket!


Which closed its door too early!


But luckily they saw little Peter Pikmin had been left behind, and let him on.



And off to the Wii U!


On which I have to do quite a bit of downloading.



And gaming.











No comments: