Saturday, November 30, 2013

Fez: the world's too big

I've heard great things about Fez.  I've been recommended to buy it over and over again - so eventually I did.  And I've played it a few times now, but it feels like a constant effort to do so, because it's just too big.  Remembering where everything is is overly daunting, and I feel that I need to devote too much time to a game which I'm not really enjoying much.



I can appreciate the effort that's gone into the game, the platforming and world rotation is clever, and the whole package feels polished and complete.  I've tried to give it a fair chance because I know many others find it to be an astounding game.




Unfortunately, I don't.  I think I'd be more likely to play if it were portable, since there I have the free time, if not the notepad I fear is needed.  Maybe if it ever gets a Vita port.

No comments: