Monday, November 04, 2013

Red Dead Redemption: to Mexico!

Use of the in-game satnav has helped with the cliff issue, but I've now reached a point in the story where this is no longer an issue.  After a fraught crossing of the river by raft (during which I probably shot half the population of Mexico, I'm now running around areas of Spanish speakers and being attacked by bobcats.  I don't think there's a way at the moment for me to get back to the US side of the river, so I hope there's noting that I've missed out on over there.

The game is just a bit too expansive, really, and I'm slightly put off by the amount of side missions and other bits and pieces that I know I'm not going to find and complete. I've decided to not worry about this, though, and my primary aim is to complete the story, ignoring the trophy list and multitudes of icons on the map.  I do keep getting distracted by the strangers and herbs, though.

According to the Rockstar Social Club, I've now completed 36.8% of the game.  I'm not sure if that's just the main missions or everything.  Still some way to go, whatever.

No comments: