Saturday, October 05, 2013

Spec Ops: The Line: discretionary killing

This wasn't next; Animal Crossing New Leaf was next, of course, but that's just ever present.

I've heard good things about this, in terms of the storyline, need to make decisions, the way in which the story is told, and the length. I've played through the first five chapters so far, and am enjoying it a lot - the action is varied enough without requiring constant relearning, and the setting is quite spectacular - the ruins of Dubai after a sandstorm, with several hundred metres of sand piled against buildings.

I'm finding it quite tough in places - I've died three times so far - but checkpoints are well placed. I just wish my teammates were a little less gung-ho - I keep on having to heal them in the middle of a battle.

No comments: