Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Spacechem: my brain is getting too old

It started off so well.  I followed the tutorial easily, seeing how the reactors were built, how to drop and pick up atoms and molecules.  And then there's a spike in difficulty, where you have to drop off two atoms from the same origin point and bond them.  My solution wasn't entirely elegant.


Reflecting on it later, you could have had the blue doobrie following the red a few spaces behind, moving the atom one more space along, then the red would drop another on the original drop point, move over the first atom and bond, then carry them away before the blue tried to pick up the second.  I know that doesn't make much sense but I may try it.

Anyway, it got even more complicated than that.  Pipelines delivered atoms at different times, multiple reactors were needed, and I kept on getting the C=O molecule the wrong way around, trying to bond the Hs to the O.


Even when I did get it the right way around, I kept colliding molecules inside the reactor.  It took ages for me to work out how to manipulate the molecules correctly.  I'm sure there's a lot of slack time here, but it worked.


My brain hurts just looking at that.

No comments: