Friday, February 23, 2007

Super Mario World: first level cleared

I've now got a classic controller, and it makes the game great. I've completed the first world - beaten the boss, hit the yellow switch palace - and am now looking around the first level in the second world which apparently has more than one exit.

One annoying thing is that I can't see any indication on the map screen as to whether I've collected all five Yoshi coins on any one level. It's good fun other than that.

It may have to go on hold for a while, though - Kororinpa's arrived.

6 comments:

deKay said...

There's no indication of how many Yoshi coins you've collected, as there's no point in collecting them. All they do is give you a life if you get all five, so there's no need to track if you've got them all.

Xexyz said...

Damn and blast my perfectionist ways.

Tom Mix 1969 said...

So the classic controller is worth the money. I was thinking of getting one for Sim City.

Xexyz said...

I think so, yes. It sits really well in the hand - it's a little more bulky than a SNES controller, and feels more substantial. The buttons are nice too. The only thing I'm slightly concerned about are that the two analogue sticks are a little too close together. Then again, if it's emulating N64 games it'll only ever need one analogue stick at a time anyway!

deKay said...

Er, except for in Mario 64 when you're running round and moving the camera at the same time.

Xexyz said...

Ah, they act as the C-buttons then, do they? Oh well. It's not as if you ever really needed to move the camera in Mario 64 ...