Thursday, November 17, 2005

Advance Wars: Dual Strike: completed!

I finally managed to get my DS back off of Tam, and replaced Zoo Keeper with Advance Wars: Dual Strike. I was halway through a mission, and shortly after starting it my colleague finished off the enemy on the secondary front. So it was just left to me to go and blow up the big oozium thing that covered the top half of the playing field.

I sent loads of units north, taking out the ooziums that were being spat out of the big blob one by one, and taking over the bases that were right next to the issue points. Then a few antiair units went and did a lot of shooting. And that was it - a lengthy story bit where I decided if Jake should shoot Von Bolt's chair (and thus kill him) or not. A big moralistic speech about how we all kill to stay alive. A rather obvious lack of comparability. Credits. Campaign completed.

Of course, I've got a hell of a lot of war room maps to go now.

3 comments:

Dr Boggis said...

Did you choose to kill him then? I did too. Wonder what it would do if you choose not to?

Anonymous said...

I don't think it makes any difference - I wouldn't imagine you're *able* to kill him. Bit little trying to starve your poodle in Nintendogs! ;o)

---
KieRON.

Xexyz said...

Yes, I'm a mean person. But despite me deciding to kill him, Jake was a sissy and shot his chair. Which killed him. What was the point in that, eh?