Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Official Xbox Magazine Demo Discs

OXM is a dire, dire magazine. Luckily, I managed to get hold of a load of demo discs from the front of the magazines without having to have the magazines themselves. I've had them for a while but never sat down to go through them in earnest.

Well, now I have. I didn't bother with games that I've already got, for obvious reasons. As a result, the majority of games I played were pretty dire - Futurama being a particular lowpoint - with only a few holding my interest at all. Amped seems pretty good, and Crazy Taxi 3 is quite fun - but not as fun as Crazy Taxi on the Dreamcast.

Also on the discs were movies - some trailers for games (which I ignored, because they're crap) and some showing either amusing bugs in games or high score runs. There were a disproportionately high number of Halo movies - with people blowing up warthogs, trying to explot glitches, finding hidden rooms - it was quite obvious there was a shortage of good games in the early days of the console!

So, interesting as they were and are, it's not really worth me keeping the discs, so they're off to the boot sale next time we go.

No comments: