Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Pokémon Pearl: I want to ride my bicycle

Yet I can't. I've been told the location of the next gym; I've looked at my map and worked out where I need to go. But in order to get there, I've got to go through a cave and jump over some rocks on my bike. I don't have a bike. Now I'm going the long way around, and have been distracted by Team Galactic taking over the wind farm. I've beaten them, and they've disappeared, so the path's clear to continue.

There are a lot of distractions along the way though. I met a man in a field of flowers who gave me some honey and told me to smear it on a tree, which I did. I returned later to find the tree shaking - approaching it led me into battle with an odd Christmas-tree-shaped pokémon. I whittled down his health, as always, and threw a pokéball. He escaped from it, used the move 'struggle', and knocked himself out. I need to find some more honey now.

Another distraction is the day/night cycle. On the way to work I go through long grass to catch new pokémon. On the way home I go through the same patches of grass and there are different pokémon to catch. My brother tells me that there are further changes in the afternoon and night. I'm going to have to play at weekends for the afternoon ones ...

So, I'm not making rapid progress along the story, but you know what? I don't care.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the life-destroying obsession that is pokeymangs.

Just wait until you're doing it all over again on your fifteenth edition in twenty years time.

Xexyz said...

This is my fourth edition. I played Yellow years ago, then LeafGreen, then Sapphire ... and I've never got past the Elite Four on any of them ...

Anonymous said...

pokeymang is stealing my life....

planneroftowns