Wednesday, January 23, 2013

New Super Mario Bros 2: lots of coins and lives

I have now collected over 10,000 coins - still some way to go to make a million - and have 92 lives.  The last couple of stages (I think 5-2 and 5-3) have been very easy indeed, and I've been able to collect a large number of lives just playing through them normally.  There was one section with numerous bullet bills where I was able to collect six or seven lives just bouncing on enemies in sequence.

That's not to say this is a bad thing.  Because it's easier, I'm being more reckless than I was in the Wii game, and a few deaths have come from trying to be too flashy or quick.  I've not felt that any deaths were unfair or out of my control - indeed, they've almost all been because I've been trying to be too clever.  That makes the game fun.

I've not found too many secret exits as yet, and have obviously missed the entrances to the other worlds at the bottom of the map.  I've got quite a few of the star coins though - normally two or three per level of the three available - and I can see that I'll be trying to get all those at some point in the future.

No comments: