Friday, November 22, 2013

Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies: spacemen and robots

I must admit I've been a little confused as to the timing of the cases.  Case 1 was after the courtroom explosion.  Case 2 was when Athena first arrived.  Case 3 was Athena's first case lead.  Case 4 is back to around the explosion - the first part was before and leading up to the explosion, the second part is after (and given some of the internal monologue, it's after case 1 as well).  I think that's right.

Anyway, well into case 4 now, and I've managed to avoid any penalties for showing the wrong evidence.  I'm impressed with the way that game's taken the previous games' gimmicks - Apollo's bracelet, Phoenix's magatama - and added these to Athena's widget.  It makes it feel like a Mario game in some ways - new gameplay elements being used for very short periods then thrown away.  It does, however, mean that the game is much more linear - meaning that I'm likely to finish this much quicker than previous games in the series.  That's not necessarily a bad thing.

No comments: